Sunday, April 7, 2013

First soccer game

 Joe was ready to go...kind of.  He had important questions, though!
1. Will they have snacks?
2. What will my number be?
3. When do we huddle?
4. I don't want to play. (Why?) Because I like to fall down when my legs get tired.
5. I don't want to go to my game.  (Why?) Because it will be hard and I will get tired!

However, Saturday morning...he woke up excited about his game...ready to run down the field and score a goal.






 There wasn't a lot of aggressive movements during his game. It is 4 and 5 year olds!  And Joe seemed unsure of taking the ball from others and unsure of how aggressive to be once he did have the ball.  So, hopefully as the season goes on, he'll get comfortable with playing and continue to enjoy it all.  He has several kids from church and two coaches from church.  So, for him, that helps a LOT!
  




  Jake says he likes soccer more than swimming.  I think he likes running...and soccer lets him do that a lot!  His game was much more movement (6 and 7 year olds).  But with only one practice under their belts, there wasn't much tactic to their play.  So, hopefully he can understand more and be able to stay aggressive. 
  Jake did a great job staying after the ball and running hard to get to the ball.  And he had good ball control with the ball, too.  So, I would say he will continue to gain confidence as he gets a feel for what his teammates are doing.




The girl behind Jake is Emaree.  Her dad and I worked at the jr high and his wife was pregnant when I was.  Josh now works with her dad at the high school.

 


   Both of the boys' teams lost (by like 4-0).  But the boys are excited to go to practice and work at it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment