Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Oh, where do I begin...

  Honestly, I can't remember much about the last week.  I know we have laid more flooring in the house, been to the doctor for wellness check-ups, painted, cleaned, moved some boxes, played with friends, hung out with homeschooling friends, enjoyed church and small group...   I guess I remember more than I thought! : )
  It's been busy for sure! The boys have helped vacuum and put outlet covers on and clean up whatever they can.  Today some of the carpet is being laid...and the boys are excited!  (Don't get me wrong...Josh and I are excited, too!) :)    As we left the house last night, Jake said, "I like that we keep bringing more and more boxes here!"  And Joe kept saying, "Don't hammer on the carpet.  Can I help them put the carpet in?  Don't hammer on the carpet! Can I help put the carpet in?"  (Not sure about the hammering part...)

  Josh headed to school yesterday, only to find out that it'd been shut down b/c the pool pump failed again causing the high school's electricity to go out.  So, that freed his schedule from swim practice the next few days!

  Joe had been bashing left over tile with his hammer (with great delight, I might add).  Jake decided to join him and with the second whack ended up slicing his thumb pretty good.  He handled it well...better than I thought he might when I first saw all the blood on the sidewalk!

  We went to the HS pool Sunday night.  Joe decided to try some real swimming...putting his face in and kicking/using his arms!  He was so excited...and is so eager to go back and practice more!


  Great quotes in the last week...

Joe...in the car heading home late one night..."Can I have a open eye sucking thumb nap?"  (He was tired, knew he isn't allowed to suck his thumb unless in bed, but wanted to suck it in the car b/c he was sleepy, but not sleepy enough to sleep apparently!)

Joe...before heading to the doctor..."Is anything going to hurt, Mom?"  (he was worried about shots apparently)  At the doctor, asking the nurse..."Is anything going to hurt?"  (She gave him an "I don't know" answer.)  Ready for the doctor to come in..."Is Dr Suess going to give me shots, Mom?"  (He was so worked up, the only doctor he could think of by name was Dr Suess!)

Joe...on the way back to Mama and Papa's from our house at dusk..."The moon (pause) and that planet up there...is RACING us......and we're in the lead!"

selecting a fresh tomato to eat with dinner

Found it!

Eating inside for the first time...in the dining room on the floor

upstairs bathroom

boys' room




 

No comments:

Post a Comment