Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ahhhhh....forward progress

   As nice as the roof looks and as "cleaner" as the inside looks, I just haven't felt like I did yesterday.  Monday made "forward progress" at the house...in my opinion!  Not that all that Jack and Josh have done isn't forward progress, but, my oh my...how nice it was to actually see a new window in place.

   Last week was "porch week" where Josh and Jack placed the wrap around porch on the house.  It looks nice and will continue to be a much anticipated space to enjoy time outside at our house.








  
   This week is finally "window week".  Out with the old and in with the new.  Of course, we had to choose the day with 35+ mph gusts to start this process.  And, after the opening was cut (from 2 previous windows being puled out and the framing between them cut out) we decided to put a much larger window in that area instead of our original choice. But, why not?  It's only the 2nd largest/heaviest window unit we bought.  And we'll only have to take it right out the north side of the house...upstairs...RIGHT where the wind is blowing the strongest.

   Pictures will prove that we survived...although I wasn't sure we were going to get it up the stairs in the house to begin with.  I pretended to be helpful, but might have added labor to that process as I held the middle portion of the window as it was in route.   Anyway...the final outcome was very pleasing to our eye!  And I'm excited to see how all the other windows will look in their new spots!




2 comments: