Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ho-ho-ho-hosanna

     The stomach flu almost kept both boys from getting to sing in the Palm Sunday Children's singing.  However, Jake recovered from sickness and was able to participate.  Poor little Joe practiced very well on Saturday, but came down with the flu on Sunday.  So, he watched ("I want to watch and sing from my chair" he said) and we were sad he didn't get to join in...especially on Monday when he asked what day he would get to sing up front.
Here are some pictures from the practice time on Saturday...




Take a listen to their practice...



   Jake did a great job singing with confidence.  He was so nervous before the practice time on Saturday... "Mom, what should I wear to practice?"  "Mom, I'm kind of nervous."  So, we talked about how I get nervous when I play the piano in church, but that we play and sing for an audience of One...so we don't have to worry about all the people listening in when we're focused on the One.
   On Sunday, I asked Jake if he was nervous.  He said, "Nope!"   Oh...and he looked pretty sharp in his dress shirt and tie!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, boys! And Jake looks like a little man there -- love the tie and jeans!

    ReplyDelete