Thursday, November 8, 2012

Handy camouflage

   So, I have been trying to figure out how to finish the walls in the boys' room.  I got the idea of painting a camouflage border...but ...figuring out the best way to accomplish that was a whole other challenge.  (as if there aren't enough challenges to think about these days)

  I had decided to create a stencil.  But at the last minute decided to do something a little more abstract (b/c I was afraid the pattern wouldn't repeat well enough with a stencil).

  Fortunately, one of my former runners, Taryn, was in town for the weekend and wanted to come by the house.  When she found out I was planning to paint, she offered to throw on her painting clothes and help.  As we brainstormed some ideas, we came up with using the boys' handprints to create a camouflage pattern on the wall.

  Perfect...!  :)











No comments:

Post a Comment