Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Reflections

  I find myself today reflecting on some details of both the very recent and the past.  Maybe you'll be encouraged by my sharing...

  Josh had a swim banquet last night.  Six years ago was the last time we were at that same banquet.  I was pregnant with Jake and we had no clue what God had on our journey plan in a mere 10 months.  We had plans; we had ideas...and yet we had no idea of the plan He had for us.
  Now, He has brought us back to the same place...with a better (and easier) plan than ours was 7 years ago.  Plus, when we see all that we've been exposed to and learned in the last 7 years, we see that His plan has prepared us for this perfect timing of His to being doing what He wants us to do...when He wants us to do it.  And while I could expound on this...I'll leave it at this...Greater plan, greater purpose...greater peace!

  My sister got engaged last night...to a perfect match.  Of course, there have been years of not-so-perfect matches.  But again, I see God's timing to prepare each of them for the moments of joy they'll share now...it's perfect, as only He can be.
  Oh, and my sister had previously put her house on the market for quite awhile with no luck selling it.  She took it off the market for a good stretch of time and recently decided to put it back on the market to see if it would sell.  It did...in 3 days...because God knew it was time for it to sell as she prepared to marry and live elsewhere.

  I just did our budget for the month.  This is the ump-teenth month now that we should be out of money or short of money since Josh hasn't had consistent employment for 3 years.  But, yet again, somehow :), the numbers work out...just right...with enough money to have a bit still in savings.  Even though 3months or 2 months ago, I would have thought the savings account would be dry by now and we would really be stretched...it's not so when it's God's bank account.  And, of course, this is also the month we will begin to have regular checks of income as Josh starts the school year.  Yeah...not so sure when that last happened! :)

  The sermon yesterday...Ephesians 3:14-21... 
"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
How often do I forget to ask the God of the universe--who has known all things since/before creation--to do "immeasurably more than all I ask or imagine"?

  As Josh and I celebrate 14 years of marriage next week, I'm reminded (again) of the verse I placed on our wedding bulletin...Psalm 126:3..."The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy!"  

"To God be the glory...forever and ever...Amen!"


1 comment: